Haters – which you absolutely will encounter if you play the game long/hard enough – aren’t all useless. Here are six reasons to thank them for being the way they are.
1. Because ideas that do not risk offense, aren’t.
2. Success tends to favor the strong willed and self assured.
3. Every now and then, the haters may have a point. Use that time to do a quick self-administered check-up on how you’re contributing value to the world.
4. Being liked by all doesn’t typically translate to “change the world” type of innovation and life’s work.
5. They make you look even better by comparison (cause you’re too good, too respectful, too true to yourself to engage with them).
6. Watching them get heated can actually be quite entertaining.
Anything I missed?